Similar to a Zip file a RAR file is a compressed archive file. You must have a RAR extraction program to open a RAR file. The file will be unpacked and expanded within the RAR archive by this software utility. Some OS may come with native support for RAR files. You can download a RAR program for free from the Web.
Open a RAR File
- Download Free RAR Extract Frog. Then install that program on the computer.
- Open the Windows Explorer. Then locate the RAR file and open it.
- From the content menu select “Extract!” By right click on the RAR file. It will open the RAR file. OR
- Double click on the RAR file. It will open the RAR file. OR
- Launch Free RAR Extract Frog. Then return to Windows Explorer. Then click on the RAR file. Drag and drop it onto the RAR extraction program window. It will open the RAR file.