How to Install Wine 1.5.9 on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 Precise
Under constant developer wine is free software. Wine helps you to run windows on other OS (Operating System). We can install and run applications on Windows with the help of Wine. So it helps users to start or run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows on Mac, FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris.
What’s new in this release?
- Support for GPOS font tables in Uniscribe.
- Support for XRandr 1.2 and 1.3.
- Parser development of the HLSL compiler.
- On Mac OS more key exchange algorithms are supported.
- Relay tracing on an ARM.
- Various bug fixes.
Copy the following commands in the Terminal after install Wine in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (press Ctrl+ Alt+ T)
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install wine1.5
- sudo apt-get install winetricks