Tagging is one of the main features in Facebook. This is used to tag anything that we posted, that may be photos, updates or comments. Sometimes it may feel like a bad function due to awful tagging. All the tagging updates go straight to Facebook profile and shows a notification in news feeds. There is a thing for surprise; we found the terrible pics that tagged ourselves.
I landed over ‘Privacy Settings’ while searching for a solution. From there I had got solutions for my problem. I adjusted my profile visibility (‘Maximum Profile Visibility” privacy setting) that limited other people’s influence on my tagged photo through my profile/timeline. You can use the same function to clear this problem. Let us see how to prevent or restrict unwanted photo-tagging by Facebook friends.
- Choose ‘privacy settings’ from the drop-down menu located on the top – right of the Facebook Home page.
- Then choose ‘Edit Setting” option from ‘Timeline and Tagging’. It will control the function when your friend tags you or your content or post.
- Click to edit the ‘Who can see post you’ve been tagged in on your timeline’ setting from the window that show up on computer screen.
- Choose the audience to whom you would like to make visible the posts you tagged from the drop-down menu.
- You can turn on the ‘Profile Timeline Review’ to adjust settings more. Photo tags that friend is added to your timeline can approve or reject from here.