You should learn your mobile’s unique code at first. To do that presses the following button on your phone. #06# and find out the unique code and keep it in a secured place. It will be useful to the retrieve of the mobile phone.
You have witnessed someone stealing your mobile phone. During that time don’t be angry because a calm mind will make sure you do the right thing at first. If you lost your phone for a moment you should make a single call it. Use a land line or with a friends mobile to dial your number whether it missed. You can hear the sound if it is nearby. May be someone will answer it and tells you where it is.
If you have misplaced the phone, do a search in obvious areas.
- Slim cell phone will slip under the paper piles if you have plenty of paper in your area.
- Check the back of wherever you were sitting that day.
- Check under the car seat.
- Ask anyone in your circle of friends or family.
- Check under your bed and also in your bathrooms.
- Double check if the phone regularly sits.
Send a text message to your missing phone. This will help to recover the phone with the help of anyone who may be access to your phone understand that it is lost. The message conveys “Help me I lost this phone. If you will find the phone please inform to this number 555-2343”.
Next thing is cancel your logins and passwords, because stolen phone that allowed someone to misuse the password. So avoid those problems in very soon after you have misplaced the phone.
- First of all deal with personal and financial information first like bank accounts, Twitter and Facebook logins etc.
- Contact the phone company with the SIM details. It will help you to get advice and cancel your account. You should tell them to deactivate the phone immediately.
- If you have an iPhone use the applications like “Find My iPhone” or “GadgetTrack”. These programs help you to clean contact and information remotely. For Android users, use the program “Where’s My Droid” or “Lookout”.
Go back your recent steps, after you searched your personal area such as your office, car and phone. Then search it in restaurant may be it kept there. Report it to the police station. If the phone has insurance, the company will want a police report. Police report is also wanted to deactivate your account.