The optional extended AppleCare coverage and one-year Apple warranty do not cover water damage to the iPhone 5. It should be very expensive to replace the water damaged iPhone 5. There is a liquid contact indicator in each iPhone 5 that reveals if it has been wet. Only unplug your phone if it is wet while you plugged in and turn off. If you turn on a wet iPhone 5 that may cause short-circuit and never turn on again.
How to Dry out and Save a Water Damaged Apple iPhone 5
- With a paper towel or soft cloth dry the surfaces of the iPhone 5 without pressing any buttons. And keep the iPhone 5 turned off.
- Dry the outside surface by shaking the iPhone 5. Placed it in an absorbent cloth and to drain the water from the device turn it infrequently.
- Place the phone in plastic zippered bad filled with rice. Leave the phone in the rice at least three days to wick some moisture from the phone.
- Take out the phone from the bag and rice.
- Hang up the iPhone 5 in a net near a dehumidifier. Leave it overnight.
- Shake your phone gently till get to know no moisture in it. Then turn on the iPhone 5 if it doesn’t work properly then take it to an Apple Store or an authorized iPhone 5 dealer.