You must have posted information on Facebook like status updates, videos, photos, notes, the doings in a point of time and the holiday enjoyments etc. At regular intervals you backup entire Facebook data. Then you can make sure that there is no loss of important memories from your Facebook account. Through hacking people lose their information from Facebook. The backup copy of Facebook data assures that the information is safe there is no chance to lose.
Backup Facebook Photos and Data
For backup Facebook data there are a number of applications. Let us see the 3 important tools for backup the Facebook data including Facebook.
1. Facebook – Backup Your Data Using Account Settings
From where you download and archive copy send you a link of backup data of Facebook. An email sends by social networking site after requesting you to backup. A link for backing up the data will contain the email. Facebook sends you an email while the archive is ready. Click on it to retrieve the data. You can choose two type of archive such as standard archive and enhanced archive at the time for requesting backup.
You receive the following when you opt for ‘standard archive’
- Profile information such as Email ID, Contact ID, your Facebook email ID, and Phone Number registered with Facebook.
- Information from the Facebook wall like your posts, pictures you posted to your wall and posts other posted on your wall.
- Album to your Facebook profile.
- Videos you uploaded to Facebook
- Your Friends’ list on Facebook with links to each friend’s profile
- Notes that you have created
- Events that you created
- Events to which you RSVP’d
- Sent and received messages
- Comments made to the posts/images on your wall.
All of the above contains the ‘enhanced archive’. In addition, it provides:
- Use IP addresses of devices to log into your Facebook account
- A list of date and time concerning to logins into your Facebook account
- A list of friend requests that not yet accepted or declined
- A list of sent and received pokes
You do not get the ability to download only some selected items in either archive.
To initiate the backup process
- Log in to Facebook
- Go to “ Account Settings”
- Select “General Account Settings”
- Click on the link ‘download a copy’
2. Archive Facebook – The Firefox Extension To Backup Facebook Data
The Firefox add-on is the second best tool to back up your Facebook data with the name of Archive Facebook. Install it from Mozilla Add-ons Page. Restart Firefox after the installation. You can see a new menu tab “ArchiveFB”. It means the add-on is installed properly.
To backup Facebook data:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click the ArchiveFB menu tab from Facebook home page.
- Select “Archive from the main menu”.
Then a dialog box appears that asks you what you have to back up
You get to select from:
- Wall posts, you and others posted to your wall
- Friends list with links
- Facebook albums.
- Your Facebook notes
- Notes where you have been tagged
- Events to which you have RSVP’d
This provides two additional features more than the original Facebook backup tool–
- Choose what you wish to download
- Download your friends’ photos and notes where you tagged.
When ArchiveFB is done backing up of data then you will get a notification towards bottom-right. In Firefox’s default save location the data will be saved.
Copy-paste the backup folder to another place before you uninstalls Firefox. At the default place you can leave the folder. To view the archive, use ArchiveFB menu.
3. Back Up Facebook Data To Cloud
SocialSafe and Backupify are the two contenders for the third place. While backing up your Facebook data those places some limitations. The limitations of Social Safe are more than Backupify. Social safe has reserved features for paid versions and the Backupfy provides only 1 GB space for backup.
Backupify is a cloud based service. It permits you to back up your social media accounts to a cloud. That includes Facebook, Twitter and Gmail. You can use up to three accounts of Backupify for backup.
With Backupify you can back up these items:
- Tagged comments and wall posts.
- Tagged images and uploaded image.
- Tagged notes and created notes.
- Tagged videos and upload videos.
- Friend list with links
- Your Facebook Fan Pages
First of all subscribes backupfy, then select the Facebook icon and collect your Facebook data with authorized backupfy. It will backup all the data in your account.
Log in to your account to view the backup with Backupify and browse. While viewing the backup you can also request an export using the link. You will receive a zip file upon requesting an export which contains the Facebook data to your email address that you signed up for Backupify.