In the last year Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 has released, which carried Jelly Bean Custom ROMs recent release. You should try Jelly Bean based CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM while you own a Galaxy Tab 8.9, either the Wifi +3G variant or WiFi only variant. To know what people raving out, you have to install the ROM on your tablet.
CyanogenMod preferred over stock ROMs and it is one of the most popular custom ROMs. We can do several customizations with it. The features of Jelly Bean combined with the faster and smoother performance of CM10 ROMs. The ROM is in the early stages, try to ROM out. You can easily understand how to improve Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean through CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM.
- Applying instructions on another device or model that may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information provided only for educational and instructional purposes. It I not sure that these instructions will work under the specific and unique conditions.
- Use instructions at your own risk because we never hold any responsibility or liability to you or your device.
Before performing the instructions read and understand the whole guide.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-P7300 or GT-P7310) has been installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- A Windows PC
- Your tablet’s USB cable
- Download the following ROMs on your computer (choose the exact file from your tablet’s model): Download the GApps package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, 83.1 MB)
- CM10 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300 (cm-10-20120804-UNOFFICIAL-p5.zip, 139.83 MB)
- CM10 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 839 GT-P7310 (cm-10-20120804-UNOFFICIAL-p5wifi.zip, 138.83 MB)
- Assure that your tablet’s battery charges up to 75% or more without any interruptions during the process.
- On your tablet Backup all personal data and assure that you have a copy of your personal data the procedure may erase such data.
- For backup tips, check our guides on how to create local backups of your mobile data and how to sync your data to the cloud.
- To the internal SD card Copy the GApps package and the ROM file of your tablet.
- Turn off your tablet and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press the “Volume Down” and “Power buttons” together until the screen turns on. Then you can see two icons on the screen. Press the “Volume Down” key to select “Recovery Mode”. To confirm, press the “Volume Up” key.
- To wipe your data, select Wipe data/factory reset and make sure the action on the next screen
- From the SD card select “install Zip” and “Choose Zip”. Then select the ROM file to confirm the action on the next screen. This will help to install the ROM in your tablet.
- After completing the installation, install the GApps package like step 4.
- Select “Go back”, then choose “Reboot system now”.
This will reboot your recently installed Jelly Bean 4.1 CM10 ROM. The first boot may take up to 5 minutes.
You have effectively installed the Android 4.1.1 to your Galaxy Tab 8.9 on the basis of CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM.